From script to screen - Reflective statement

(Character lineup f.left; Astronaut Will, Alien, Young Will, Wills father)

These past few weeks really seemed to fly by, and I wish I would have been able to finish everything by the end of it.
For this project I got the key elements “restaurant”, “astronaut” and “scissors”. This was a fun one, although challenging. Having those three elements to work with really made me think outside the box, and the final story is something I would have never come up with without. With some more editing and polishing I think the story could work as an actual short.

Getting used to the flow of things here threw me off a bit in the beginning of the project, and I really could have managed my time better from the start. Something I will hopefully be more aware of next time. Writing scripts and drawing storyboards might not be my favourite parts of film making, but I understand the importance of them, and appreciate the chance to practise. Creating my characters was a lot of fun though. Drawing people is what I do most, so I spent more time with them than on my environments. I imagine the world being a lot more lively and colourful, I just didn’t get that down on paper, which is a shame.
My animatic is a bit rushed, and I think it shows. At that point in the process I just wanted to start working on my pre-viz, so the animatic I used more as a guide in timing and pace, than anything else. I am quite happy with my pre-viz. Some parts are awkward and could use more editing, but overall it communicates what I wanted. I would have liked to work more on the sound aspect of it, as that is something I don’t have too much experience with, but it became more of an afterthought this time.

This project was overall a good experience, and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Øya - Storyboard

MANGE endringer