Fantastic Voyage - Reflective statement

This project gave me so much in terms of practising workflow between different programs, and managing my time. I am quite impressed with how I was able to juggle all the different projects and courses, and to complete "Fantastic Voyage" and "Premise". There were times I was not so sure I could.
I think knowing I had so much to do, really forced me to plan ahead, and spend my time wisely from the beginning. Something I made sure to improve in my process after "From script to screen". Having a real client also raised the stakes a bit and made me really want to create something good.

Because of the nature of this assignment, characters were not necessarily needed. Finding a different way to move the story along was a great exercise. Focusing more on environment and atmosphere, instead of people doing things, was a new experience. The soundscape was a bit of a struggle at first. As I have mentioned before, sound is not generally my strength, which is why it is so important that I practise it. Going into it and eventually feeling it coming together and working, was really motivating.
Going in and researching techniques to achieve the effects I wanted was a lot of fun, and a great way to learn ways to use a program like Maya, that has seemingly endless possibilities. It was nice to work in After Effects again too, as it has been a while. (In my first year we had a group project where we made a short film only animated in After Effects).

There are of course things I am not completely satisfied with in my film. The text doesn't move as nicely with the animation as I would have liked. I wrestled with it for a while, but as you talked about in the crit, sometimes you have to put things down and carry on with the work, to get it finished. In the future I would put the text in earlier in the process, to blend it better with the environment.  There is of course the part with the sperm not being accurate, which could have been avoided had I engaged the client more in my work.

Overall though, I worked hard, and ended up with something pretty cool. I also learned a lot, not only from this project, but from this semester in general. It has been intense, but I think it has been worth it. From improvement in my art, to my skills in Maya. Even in the way I approach a project. I feel much more confident in my own abilities, and that means a lot. Thank you so much for having me!

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Øya - Storyboard

MANGE endringer